So I decided to take the challenge Anne gave in her blog after she saw my days of thankfulness for November. I will be continuing to post my days of thankfulness as they pop in my head on Facebook, but I also will take the challenge and post it here.
To catch up on the days, I will do yesterday's first and then today's. If you would like to take the challenge as well, you can visit Anne's blog post to see the challenge. I also dare you to try it, as she also dared me.
November 1: 3 Gifts Eaten
1) I am thankful for having food to fill my stomach. Many people around the world do not. And now with Hurricane Sandy on the mind due to my family being affected, I am glad that food is so easy to heat and eat "hot-n-ready".
2) I am thankful for the blessing of having family who can cook and taught me well. They always made such wonderful foods, which now hold many memories for me. For example, peanut butter pie, chocolate krinkle cookies, "pink stuff", "green stuff", etc. :)
3) I am thankful God chose to not give me food allergies. I can eat (pretty much) whatever I want without any repercussions, except gaining weight. Haha.
November 2: 3 Gifts Worn
1) I am thankful for the red floral skirt I wore as a girl. The skirt represented the time I spent with my grandma and grandpa on the weekends. Grandma and I made that skirt together for me to wear. I learned my sewing and cross-stitching skills from her.
2) I am grateful to have weather appropriate clothing that is clean, fresh, and fits. No matter my financial situation, God has always provided a way for me to have what I need. It makes me think of my Compassion kiddos who are so thrilled about picking out 1 outfit with birthday money. To them it's like gold, so I appreciate the ability to have what I need when I need it.
3) This may sound odd, but I am thankful for the freedom to wear what I want in terms of jewelery, clothing, make-up, etc. I am glad that I am no longer under man-made rules, but God's conviction of what my outward appearance has become. To have that weight lifted off of my shoulders has been a freeing experience for which I am thankful.
What are you thankful for today?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment