Days 12, 13, 14, 15, 16
3 Gifts at Noon:
1) I am thankful for the children I work with at noon. There are different kids on certain days, but I love each and everyone of them. They each changed my life in some way or another during this journey.
2) Noon usually symbolizes lunch time, so I am thankful for my lunch breaks where I get to just breath and relax. I love the kids, but we all need a little break to regroup ourselves.
3) Noon makes me appreciate the invention of clocks. I am so glad clocks were invented instead of the sundials that used to tell time.
3 Gifts Behind a Door:
1) On my nativity calendar, behind every door on the calendar is a scripture verse or a name of God. It is a wonderful part of my celebration of the birth of Christ.
2) When I open my door to my apartment, it makes me thankful to have the apartment that I do. Even though there are so many problems with it, I am grateful to have this large size apartment with my own washer and dryer.
3) I am so glad that I have so many doors (to closet space) in my apartment where I can store all my teacher stuff and Christmas decorations.
3 Gifts Silent:
1) I am thankful for that still silence that comes with a fresh snowfall. There is nothing more special than the still silence. I sometimes imagine that is what is was like the night that Christ was born.
2) I am thankful for the silence of naptime. It gives you time to prep things for the afternoon and to see the kids so peaceful and innocent. There is just something beautiful about a child quietly sleeping.
3) I am thankful for the silence of text messages. Text messages have saved me from awkward small talk or awkward silences on phone calls. Before texting, there would be awkward phone calls to gather information, either that or I would just not obtain the info.
3 Gifts Golden:
1) I am thankful for white gold. I am not a yellow gold person, but I think gold jewelry is nice. White gold looks pretty much like silver, which is all I wear.
2) I am thankful for the Golden Rule, even though most kids don't even know about it these days. It was something that was used to help teach me the moral values that I have.
3) I am thankful for the Golden Bell Diner and all my other diner memories. A lot of my late nights and "big event" nights involved going to diners or just hanging out with others there even if I didn't eat anything.
3 Gifts Hard Eucharisteo:
1) Losing my job as a public school teacher (2 times)... it taught me to appreciate the jobs I have and how to live with less money.
2) Moving to a state without family nearby.... it taught me to rely on other people and ask for help when I needed it. It was a very hard lesson to learn.
3) Walking through my depression.... it helped me to reach others that have gone or are going through the same things that I did. God brought people in my life that I could reach with my story.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment