Days 8, 9, 10, and 11:
A Gift Sweet, Salty, and Sipped:
1) Peanut Butter Pie... I am glad for my grandfather and grandmother's ability to bake, cook, etc. because I was introduced to so many new foods and desserts as a young child that I looked forward to during visits as I got older. Sweets were kind of banned in my house, so it was always a treat when she would bring over (or we would go over) her homemade sweet tastiness. Peanut butter pie is the one I look forward to the most.
2) McDonald's french fries... These remind me of the trips to McDonald's that my grandparents would always take us on as kids because it was a treat and we could play at the same time. To this day, I still love a good batch of McDonald's fries.
3) Coffee.... I am so grateful for the energy boost that coffee gives me, along with the variety of available flavors. It has gotten me through a lot of different things, projects, and all nighters.
3 Gifts Harvested:
1) The Lord's harvest is the best one that I can think of. It's a joy to watch how God gets a soul and all the hard work of many believers finally comes to the acceptance of salvation. I am also looking forward to the final Harvest when God takes us home.
2) Harvest reminds me of the meaning behind Thanksgiving. The Native Americans shared their harvest with the Pilgrims. Without this crucial event, I would not have the memories that are associated with the holiday of Thanksgiving.
3) I love a fresh Jersey sweet corn-on-the-cob. When that sweet corn is harvested, I am so thankful that I live in Jersey. I used to live for the summer months when Dad would grill or cook the corn on the cob, and only Jersey sweet corn.
3 Gifts Found in Bible Reading:
1) The Psalms are truly my favorite part of Bible reading. It is so easy to relate to and turn into songs. It's a book that includes something for every situation you go through in life. There is nothing I have gone through that the Psalms has not applied to. I am so glad that David wrote them and God gave us such a gift!
2) The ability to hear how much God loves me in His word is amazing to me. Every time you read the Bible, you can see how much He loves His children (or people).
3) The gift salvation which includes grace! The gift of salvation is one of the best parts of reading the Bible. Its one of the greatest gifts that God ever gave us that we can read about. Salvation required God to give so much and we get it as a gift!
3 Gifts of Remembrance:
1) My grandpa's picture from the memorial service. Not only does it have his signature verse, it also reminds me of his favorite song in the process. Every time I heard either of those, I am able to think of him. Also, the verse that he always had us read at Thanksgiving remind me of him too.
2) My bell collection reminds me that my dad thought of me and cared when he was away on travel. He traveled a lot when I was a kid. Those beautiful bells reminded me that he thought of me. Since then, I have gotten bell from new places I have traveled.
3) Communion... remembering the sacrifice that Christ gave for us all. He also said to do this in remembrance of me, so it definitely came into mind when I saw this heading. It is a constant reminder and helps me to remember to keep myself in check.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment