Friday, August 10

Mom

I decided to call mom. Talking to mom usually makes things better. We discussed some options on my car so that I can finally get it turned over to me and have it all put in my name. They think it would be cheaper to pay my insurance in Texas, for which I grateful that they would still help pay. I don't think I would be able to handle yet another expense. Then we talked about me moving back up North. Really the only thing that is truly "holding me back" is my lease contract. Once that ends in April, there is a possibility that moving up North could prove for better job options. The current discussion leads to MD, but time will tell if that is a possibility. From the MD website I saw, changing over my certificate wouldn't be so hard since I've taught for 3 years already. That also would mean being able to be closer to family, which would be helpful in these economic times. I don't know what I think about this plan, but having more options doesn't sound so bad.
Talking things through with Mom makes me feel like this is the job I need to be at, even with all the sacrifices and craziness that will ensue. Even if other jobs come up, this may be the one that I still choose. I asked God for open or closed and this is the only one that has been wide open. I cannot argue with that sense. There must be purpose in the reasons behind having this particular one.

1 comment: