Sunday, August 12

Checkmate... I don't think so!

Pastor preached a message this morning that spoke to me and made lots of sense. Even though I am not a good chess player, I do understand the game. He described times when Satan thought that he had God and the saints in "checkmate", but what he doesn't see is that God, the king, has the final move. No matter how much we feel our back is against the wall and there is no way out (checkmate), God always has a way out, a final move if you will. Great sermon! He gave Biblical examples from throughout the Bible and then applied it to our lives.
If you have been reading my previous posts, then you know that I have felt like this job I took has put me in a corner financially that I was unsure I can get out of. But I forgot that in my life it's never "I", it's "we". God and I. It's not whether or not I can get out of it or if I can make it work, it's if "we" can make it work. Nothing is impossible with God and He will never leave us. So when I have done all that I can do, that's where God can work. I need to do my part and let Him do his. The final move is His and He always has one. Satan does not know His plans (unless He allows the plans to be known) and sometimes I don't either. God does not have to explain Himself. He knows the outcome and I'm glad to know that He always wins. There is never a doubt or guess about that, it's fact. Just some thoughts to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment