Friday, August 10

The job

Well, I should be excited. I have found a job working at a local Christian preschool. Part of the day I am the music assistant and the other part of the day I will be in different classes. It sounds like a great job and I will be working with some people that I already know. It's close to home and the hours aren't that bad. So what's the problem you say? The money that it makes without any benefits covered and I have student loans out the wazoo. I tallied up how much I would have to pay in bills/loans for an entire year (including estimated gas and without groceries) versus how much I would make (even with tutoring on the side). It didn't come out too good. Being able to rely on God for THAT MUCH extra money is just whoa.
There are things that I am looking into changing, but even those will be leaps of faith. For example, I feel like I am having structural problems in my apartment, which I have brought to the attention of the complex, but not made a big fuss about. However, if they are planning on moving someone in upstairs, I sure will! But, if I can manage to get out of this one and into a smaller one (even though I may lose W/D in that instance *BOOO*) it would save me some. The heartbreaker to cut out would be Compassion. That eats up a lot of my money, but I feel that it is going to such a great cause and they need it too. I love those kiddos and to have to take away my sponsorship would hurt. Once I get a finalized schedule and officially hired response, I will be off unemployment and calling my student loan companies. Sallie Mae is the only one that I am currently dealing with and the rest starts in December. It almost makes me wish I didn't go back to school, but I did learn a lot and it has kept me sane during this period of unemployment. I am hoping that there is a way that I can have my loan payments reduced or stop for a bit or something.
Grandma called me the other day. She suggested I move in with her and find some work. Thinking about it, it wouldn't be too awful to move back. However, finding teaching jobs there would be an easier from what I have heard and I have no knowledge of how things work up there. That freaks me out a little. The cool part would be seeing family and friends up there more often and learning how to cook other things from Grandma. Did I mention that I love her back porch too? Lol. Of course, I would pay her some amount for being able to live there (whether or not she wanted it) and groceries etc. Maybe when this lease is up? I don't know.
Being around family would be so helpful right now. This is so scary being down here and the prospect of things falling apart. I just don't know how this is going to work out. I guess that is where God comes in, huh? Taking what I cannot do and making it work.

No comments:

Post a Comment