Apparently, my body found it necessary to take a spring break even though I wasn't really "breaking" from much. I have been sick since Thursday and it has not been fun. Granted, I had gotten pretty sick on Monday. I thought about going to the hospital it was so painful, but I just slept through the spurts of no pain instead. I shouldn't be surprised that after all that resting between pain spurts and doing nothing on Monday that by Thursday I was full blown weak, congested, sore throat, temperature flashes, etc. I am grateful my body chose now to take a break and get sick though. I know that when we get sick it's not really because our body's immune system is taking a break, but it sure feels like it. However, it was a week that I did not have much to do. Most of my tutoring was cancelled due to spring break, so I only had to cancel one lesson. I really should have been working on review stations for my first grade teachers I am working with, but beyond that, I had nothing pressing to complete.
That all changes this week, so I am glad that today I feel much better. I am not completely done, so I am still taking some immune boosting stuff and OTC meds. I know I've had some pretty tough and overwhelming courses in this degree, but this one I'm about to embark on appears to have a lot of work in it. Just when I am getting senioritis, this is not a good class to have. :) Since I am feeling better, my goal is to start tackling the parts of the assignments for the week that I can complete for both classes and then hopefully get back to making those stations I promised to do. My Windows gadget post-its are pretty full, so I am hoping to make them seem a bit smaller. ;)
When I was waking up and thinking this morning, I thought how wonderful it would be to have a house of my own. I know that this apartment should be able to feel like home to me. I have done a lot to it since moving in to add my touch to it as much as possible. I just don't feel like this is truly home because I cannot change things in it. When I purchase a home one day, I cannot wait to have it look like my personality. I want to be able to paint, decorate, and change it up to make it fit me (and my future spouses as well I guess, right). It made me wish I had a house like my grandma's. She and Grandpa have a pretty nice house. Two screened in porches with rooms that have a semi-open concept, which works well when a lot of family come over to visit. I would prefer a more open layout than that, but it's still a nice house. They have a decent (but not too large) yard and a perfect amount of rooms. To have a house about the size of theirs (unless my number of future children requires a larger one) in a nice little neighborhood is my dream. I may want a larger cozy screened in porch (either in the front or back), but it just got me thinking. Her house reminds me of what a home is like for me. I am sure whatever house that I end up living in, I will make my own and love it, but that will be my goal to at least achieve. And as much as I would love a beach nearby, if I stay around here, I don't think I could achieve that one... but a girl can dream right?
47 days til I graduate!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment