Sunday, February 19

Senioritis

Ok, so there is no senior level in a Master's program. I have that feeling you get when you know that summer (or the end of school) is coming so that you don't want to do anything. The worst part is that my class is really not that hard. I fear that the second half of the semester may not be so easy since it includes my action research project, but the aspect of being done with school is a good motivator. For now though, it is far enough away that it doesn't quite motivate me yet and the work seems so easy that I don't want to do it. Good thing I have people like Anne to keep me smiling and moving along, plus my faithful friend Pandora! :) With all that being said, I did finish the research paper that was due at midnight today. Thankfully, all I had to do was throw together some information and make it sound good because I had already done the research and reading for the topic. The "senioritis" hit me like a ton of bricks, but isn't it amazing that as soon as I am finished... the energy won't stop! Everything that I kept trying to use as an excuse of why I needed a break or a nap or to just stop for a while is gone. It also helps that there is a procrastinator sitting not far away to remind me what not getting my work done looks ad feels like.

On another train of thought, if this is what happens whenever I get near a graduation, do I really want this to happen during a doctorate degree? I know that the prospect of the work being "too easy" in a doctorate degree is insane, so I won't even broach that one.... although I did think that a Master's degree would be unattainable. I will have to mull that one over. Good thing I didn't have to take the GRE to get into my Master's program because if I did, I don't think I would have ever started. That may actually be the only thing that will hold me back from a doctorate too.

In more news, I talked to Mom about possibly coming to my graduation in May and she thinks it has potential! That is exciting news! Last time Mom came to my place we had a good time, so that is something that I can look forward to. Plus it will get me out of the house and give me something to do other than think about the job that I don't have.

Welp, off to go kill some time in a mindless-ish game before I begin to tackle the new assignments this week will hold!

No comments:

Post a Comment