Wednesday - Arrival day for many. It ended up that most of us were able to meet up at dinner time. It was nice to be able to see everyone. After dinner, Kaitlyn convinced me to play in the pool, where I sat on the edge. Megan joined in while the rest of the family talked and played cards by the pool side. It was rare to see someone by themselves or in a room. When people were finally heading to bed, Kaitlyn still wanted to play, but conceeded to go to bed with the promise of more adventures the next day.
Thursday -- Happy Thanksgiving! Surprisingly many of us got up early in the morning and headed out to breakfast. I got to sit with Uncle Lance, Auntie M, Andrew, and Sarah. We had lots of interesting conversation. Following that, many of us sat around talking while we Skyped you. An old PE teacher came from the Double Tree side to visit with the siblings of your mom.
Then we started to get ready for Thanksgiving. The grownups met with Grandma first and then the rest of us came in for the service. The cousins led a lot of it, while Aunt Sandy led the order and Uncle Lance led the "tuning" of the songs. It went very well. They got emotional as I spoke and especially when I got to the part that Anne (you) wrote. It was very meaningful for many of them. We of course, sang How Great Thou Art. Most of us at my table, commented on how much better the food was compared to previous years, especially last year! The food was divine!
Afte eating came the dreaded pictures, but they went suprisingly quick this year. I was impressed. Immediately following, Kaitlyn changed into swimwear and convinced me to sit by the side of the pool and watch again as Megan and Emily joined her. Finally, I got her out as the water got colder.
Aunt Sandy took out Toy Story 3 uno which was played by many different people before and following the food time. The "snack" time was pretty good. We even had John's girlfriend come to Thanksgiving and meet the family. For now, I have become Kaitlyn's best friend and babysitter until I leave for wedding festivities. Most of the grownups are now playing cards and we were shown a Thanksgiving photo book thing from 2000 with lots of pictures of us and things we wrote to Pop-Pop and Mom-Mom about why we were thankful. We were so little and "cute" then!
Until later...
Thursday -- Happy Thanksgiving! Surprisingly many of us got up early in the morning and headed out to breakfast. I got to sit with Uncle Lance, Auntie M, Andrew, and Sarah. We had lots of interesting conversation. Following that, many of us sat around talking while we Skyped you. An old PE teacher came from the Double Tree side to visit with the siblings of your mom.
Then we started to get ready for Thanksgiving. The grownups met with Grandma first and then the rest of us came in for the service. The cousins led a lot of it, while Aunt Sandy led the order and Uncle Lance led the "tuning" of the songs. It went very well. They got emotional as I spoke and especially when I got to the part that Anne (you) wrote. It was very meaningful for many of them. We of course, sang How Great Thou Art. Most of us at my table, commented on how much better the food was compared to previous years, especially last year! The food was divine!
Afte eating came the dreaded pictures, but they went suprisingly quick this year. I was impressed. Immediately following, Kaitlyn changed into swimwear and convinced me to sit by the side of the pool and watch again as Megan and Emily joined her. Finally, I got her out as the water got colder.
Aunt Sandy took out Toy Story 3 uno which was played by many different people before and following the food time. The "snack" time was pretty good. We even had John's girlfriend come to Thanksgiving and meet the family. For now, I have become Kaitlyn's best friend and babysitter until I leave for wedding festivities. Most of the grownups are now playing cards and we were shown a Thanksgiving photo book thing from 2000 with lots of pictures of us and things we wrote to Pop-Pop and Mom-Mom about why we were thankful. We were so little and "cute" then!
Until later...

:) Thanks
ReplyDelete