Sunday, October 9

One year ago...

I wanted to wait until I had finished all of my homework for the end of this class before I wrote about today. I have wanted to write about it all day, so now I finally get to.

One year ago today, I woke up to get ready to hit the snooze button before getting ready for work when I saw a text from my dad. The text told me that grandpa died during the night. After that, I didn't tell anyone until after school. I went through the day as if nothing was different. Of course, when I did tell people they were upset with me that I didn't tell them, but I didn't want to start with the sympathies. I needed to get through the day with my kids and it was a Friday, so that means it was crazy anyway.

I had homework to do that night and I am sure grading. There was probably also a football game that I talked myself out of. All I truly remember is walking through the day almost in a daze and then trying to figure out how I was getting home for the memorial. I already knew I was going to miss the viewing, which I wish that I didn't, but it was necessary. I am so grateful my aunt and uncle made it possible for me to see him before he died. I am glad that I decided to go. They were also the ones that helped to ease my worries about making it to the memorial service.

A year ago today, I still had a job. I was working and stressed, but had a job doing something that I love with cute little munkins. I had friends that I worked with that I enjoyed spending time with. Sadly, I actually enjoyed the stress. I must say that I actually have been enjoying the time of rest that God has granted to me, but sometimes I grow weary of it.

You want to know the best part about this time of rest though? I have been able to catch up on sleep, which I love. I was able to attend my cousin, Chris's wedding. During that time, I was able to spend quality time with my mom and family, which was so nice. I loved the shopping and bonding time with mom the most of course. The only bad part was the travelling. I am also able to attend Thanksgiving again, along with my brother's wedding and some extra time at home. I guess I should really not complain, but it would be nice to be able to have money to lavish on other people or go out sometimes again.

Well, I believe that it is time for me to head to bed now so I can start my break tomorrow. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment